Original Material "S"® plus+ FP [FS] is a new technical plastic that completely meets the requirements of the food sector for the detectability of plastic foreign bodies in foods.
"FP" stands for "food protect" and embodies two vital properties: This product is both food-safe and metal-detectable. Metallic foreign bodies in foods are safety detected by metal detectors and removed. However, plastic particles from plant components can be problematic. Thanks to the use of additives in Original Material "S"® plus+ FP [FS], all commonly used metal detectors in the food industry can now detect and remove plastic particles.
Furthermore, in the case of this material, particles even smaller than the required size for the detectability of metal (3 mm) can be found and removed: Particles of only 2mm in size (see the illustration) have been detected without any problems in tests.
Original Material "S"®plus+ FP [FS] blue
- Curve and chain guides, slide bars, or components used for food production/in the beverage industry
Slide and drive elements in medical and food technology
In all areas where hygiene and metal-detectability are required
- Metal-detectable in all commonly used industrial detectors
- Approved for use in the food industry (EU and FDA)
- Very good wear and abrasion resistance
- Extremely good machinability
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Increased continuous use temperature of 100°
For further information on our materials such as rod and sheet dimensions, certificates for food compatibility, ATEX 95 manufacturer's declarations etc, see our chapter Services/Downloads.